Friday, October 23, 2015

My Fall Stitch Fix Review: My Best Fix Yet!

I am so excited because I received THE MOST AMAZING FALL STITCH FIX!  I was absolutely thrilled with it!  There was only one item I didn't need (a pair of blue jeans), but after I wore them for a day, I was happy they were sent and that I kept them!

For anyone unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, you can read all about the company HERE.  For the rest of you, here is my review!

I receive on average four Stitch Fix's a year:  one for every season, Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.  I've been getting Fix's for two years now.  This is my second Fall Fix.  I've had the same stylist for every Fix.

For this Fix, I was very specific with my stylist.  In addition to providing a Pinterest Stitch Fix Board Link, I told her I wanted an Olive Green Cargo Vest,  a suede button down A-Line Skirt, anything with fringe, and any new fall trends.  Well, I didn't receive any of the exact items I requested because Stitch Fix did not have them, BUT, I could tell my stylist really heard me because she incorporated many of the elements I was looking for into this Fix.

Here is what my Fix looked like when I opened the box.  I almost burst out in a giddy laughter when I saw the suede fringe peeking out!


And now this is what I received.

First up, another pair of jeans.  This was the third pair of jeans I received from Stitch Fix.  My first thought was, "Oh no, not another pair of jeans!"  Ladies, I have so many pairs of jeans, they are toppling over in my closet!  I did not need another pair of jeans.  But of course, when I put them on, I fell in love.  I don't know what it is about Stitch Fix jeans, but they always fit me like a glove and feel oh, so nice!

The Liverpool Collen Straight Leg Jean is made of a very stretchy material but you would never know it by looking at it.  They look and feel like regular denim, but  you could pull this material away from your leg and it will snap back like a rubber band!  It's amazing!  It is made to hug all your curves, and move with your body.  I wore these jeans hiking (see THIS POST) and I was so comfortable all day.  And, these jeans held their shape…for two days!  Yes, I wore them twice before washing them!  They never once got saggy or loose.  I highly recommend them.

Here is the stylist card the jeans came with.


And here are the jeans?  Do they not look like regular denim jeans to you?



The next item I received was a poncho.  I was thrilled to see a poncho in my Fix because I didn't have one when I received my Fix.  It was also very different from most of the ponchos I have seen in the stores.  I loved the color, the stripes, and the boxy shape.

Here is the stylist card.  

And here is the poncho:


My third item in my Fix was a A-line skirt.  No, it wasn't suede or button down like I requested, but it was the shape I like, and I loved the color, plaid pattern, and the fabric.  This skirt is so super soft!  When I first pulled it out, I thought it looked too tiny or short, but it fit perfectly!

Here is the stylist card:


And here is the skirt:


The next item I received was a grey cargo vest.  It wasn't olive green like I requested, but I loved this one just as well.  I already own two olive green coats, so perhaps a grey vest would be a better addition to my wardrobe than a green one anyway!

Here is the stylist card:


And here is the vest:


I liked how the drawstring was inside the jacket.


And the final item in my Fix was this suede fringe handbag.  Oh! Was I happy to see this in my Fix!  I have been looking for a fringe bag forever, but every one I kept finding looked and felt very cheap.  I have no idea what this one is really made of as it did not contain a material information tag, but it looks and feels so luxe!  


I'm not sure if it is real suede, but it sure looks and feels like it is, and that is all that matters to me.


I love all the little intricate details of this bag, and the large size is a super plus for me.


And now, here I am wearing my items.  In this photo I have on both the poncho and the jeans I received in my Fix.


I accessorized my poncho with a long chain necklace (although I would not recommend this.  The rubbing of the chain against the sweater all day caused it to pill) and carried a brown tote.


 In these photos I am wearing the jeans again, but this time with the vest I received in the Fix.


I wore an old plaid shirt from Modcloth (last shown HERE) and cognac tall boots.


It may not look like it in the pictures, but it was very cold when these pictures were taken.  The wind felt like ice!  I accessorized with a black plaid scarf to help keep me warm, and I also wore a pea coat over everything when I was done taking photos!  :)


For jewelry, I wore a wide, feather-shaped silver cuff.


And finally, here I am with the fringe bag and the plaid skirt.  I will show more of this outfit in a later post, because I want to talk about this cute black poncho I found at a gift shop.  But for now, here's the cute bag:


And here is the skirt.  I wore a Michael Kors black tunic with the skirt, and I added  cable knit grey tights on my legs.  I loved the idea of wearing a lighter bootie as suggested on the stylist card, but I felt I had so much black in my outfit, I had to stick with black footwear too.


So, as usual, I kept everything in my Fix.  And that is why I only have four Fix's a year:  because I tend to keep everything!  I couldn't afford to do monthly Fix's if I kept everything.  I've only had to send three items back in the two years of Fix's I've received.  Either my stylist knows me very well, or I've been very lucky!  I've always been pretty happy with most of my Fix's, but this one was MY BEST FIX YET!

Have a great day!  Amy

Linking Up with these Fabulous Blogs HERE!

16 comments:

  1. Oh superb ! Love the poncho !!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree Amy, this is such a great Stitch Fix. The plaid skirt, olive vest, fringe bag and poncho are all very stylish, currently in and perfect for Fall. Great outfits too, especially the first one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the outfits are so cute! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that you do it seasonally, then you're hitting all the must have pieces. the cargo vest is great, and those jeans must be so comfy!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made ors of great outfits from the items you received! :)

    It's wonderful you really liked everything, even if it wasn't exactly what you had asked for.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of Stitch Fix before, I'll have to check it out. You got some really nice things! I like the poncho especially :)

    http://natalieslife.com/2015/10/fashion-friday-1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a great box! I love that poncho and your fringe bag is fab!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thinking about starting Stitch Fix again, it has been a year since I've gotten a box. I really LOVE that poncho and the vest! Wow, you did AWESOME!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my favorites are the vest and plaid skirt! Super cute pieces!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Great outfit for fall! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great items! Love everything!

    Thanks for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pieces! I love that poncho on you. Thanks so much for linking up with Friday Favorites! Hope you have an amazing week ahead of you!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great that your stylish knows you so well and all the pieces are great on you so I can see why you need to keep it all. Love the plaid skirt.

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. See, that's why I can't do Stitch Fix! I'd want to keep everything, too! Love all your pieces, Amy, and the way you styled them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy so happy you loved your SF. Your outfits look great on you. My favorite from your pieces is the vest. I have a SF at home at the moment and I just made my keeper decision. Always so fun. <3 Happy Wed. evening. XOXO, Elif
    http://theboxqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, your stylist did a great job, Amy! I am seriously loving the poncho she sent you. The colors and shape are so flattering! I also really like the plaid skirt and can see it being so versatile for you. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.