Monday, April 13, 2015

Wearing Cobalt

I had the most wonderful weekend…the kind that when everything falls together perfectly:  the weather, the events, the emotions, that when I woke up this morning all I could do was feel so totally blessed.  I am so happy and content with my life right now.  But, I will talk more about that in a post later this week.  For now, I just want to show you what I wore this weekend to my son's senior recital.

The weather was absolutely perfect:  sunny, upper sixties to low seventies.  I knew we would be spending a lot of time in the car and moving percussion instruments, so I needed to wear something comfortable, and dark, in case I got dirty lifting things.  I actually planned on wearing this outfit with a black, moto jacket, but it was so warm I only had it on briefly for my son's actual performance and the rest of the time my arms were bare.
 My sequined floral sleeveless shirt I bought last year from Express.  I've worn it before with a black blazer, light denim, and a pink scarf.  You can see it worn that way HERE.  This time, I pulled out an old pair of Cobalt Blue boot cut jeans that have been hiding in the back of my closet for years waiting for flares to come back in style.  It's a good thing I had the foresight not to throw them away.  I had a hunch when skinny jeans started to fade in popularity, that flares would be in again!  I actually bought these jeans on clearance at an end-of-season sale at Express too!
 I absolutely love this tank, and it will probably be a classic that will stay in my closet forever.  The colors and sequins are so pretty!
 The back of the tank is solid.
 I carried the same Tibetan Red Clutch from Express I had in my original post.  Out of all the purses in my closet, this one always looks the best with this shirt.
 The Blue scarf was borrowed from my daughter.  We did a scarf exchange on our last visit…it's so fun having someone to swap clothes with!  I prefer wearing a scarf with this blouse instead of a necklace because there is enough 'bling' in the top without adding more at the neckline.  However, because the neckline has a low scoop, I feel it needs something there, so a scarf is a must for me.
 For jewelry I wore teal and gold statement earrings that I picked up on clearance at JCP and some gold and black bracelets.
 My peek-a-boo black shoes are from Target and quite old.  They are very easy to walk in, however, we had to walk and carry so much during the day, that I did get a blister and I had to remove my shoes and walk barefoot at one point.  The heels were not meant for that kind of use! :)
I can't wait to share more of my son's recital with you at a later post, until then,

Have a great day!  Amy

Linking Up with:  Confident Twosday, Style Swap Tuesday, Style Sessions, Reasons to Dress, I Feel Pretty,  How I Styled It, Tucker Up,  Jersey Girl, Texan Heart,  Classy, Yet Trendy, Sydney Fashion Hunter,  The Mummy Chronicles,  Oh Hey Girl, Throwback Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, and Turning Heads Tuesday.  






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful look all around, Amy! I agree, that top is just gorgeous. I id the exact same thing with some of my favorite bootcuts - just set them aside knowing they would be back at some point. I love the color of yours! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful weekend and cannot wait to read about your son's recital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cobalt is huge this season. It's seriously everywhere and I am totally loving it! You look great in this whole outfit.

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great ! Love the bag, and love all !!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty floral top, Amy. Love the royal blue pairing with it. The pants and earrings are beautiful. =)


    Welcome by. Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty outfit! Love the bag too, cobalt is a great color on you!

    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit, and that is cute that your daughter and you swap scarves. My sister and I borrow each others accessories a lot as well. I like your heels, purse and colored pants as well.
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cobalt is one of my favorite colors for pants! It's just a super nice pop of color. I love the way you styled it with the patterned top and pop of red!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cobalt blue looks beautiful on you, I have been looking for a pair of cobalt blue skinnies. I really like that floral blouse and how you took colors from it such as the blue and the coral from your bag. Beautiful outfit and I am glad you had such a beautiful and perfect weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful outfit, I love the use of colors! Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this combo! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.