Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fashion Over Fifty: Spring Florals

Hello!  Spring very briefly made it to Wisconsin (since then we got another snowfall and are currently back in the 20's and 30's)  so I took advantage of it by wearing this semi-spring outfit.  It was still too chilly to go without a coat, so I wore my quilted blush jacket last seen HERE to keep me warm.  I carried a mustard yellow purse.
 After years of only being able to visit a Francesca's store in Chicago or Minneapolis, one has finally come to my local mall.  Needless to say, I spent a small fortune there, and this was one of the pretty clothing items I purchased.  It is a sheer top with a beautiful vintage floral print.  I wore a pink tank top underneath.
 I wore light blue skinny jeans by MNG,  to keep the outfit from looking too feminine.  I completed the glam look with pink heels from Payless.   I usually don't buy shoes from Payless, but these were so cute I couldn't resist.  Plus, because the color is so trendy, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on them and not get much use out of them, so to Pay Less made a lot more sense!
 I wore a layer of opal and pink pearls  mixed with a chain for jewelry.  It was a challenge to decide whether to even wear jewelry with this blouse, and also to find something that complimented it and not clashed with it, but I did.

 My Payless shoes! I love the fun color and the heel!


It may not look or feel like Spring quite yet, but I'm still going to dress like it!

Have a great day!  Amy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, it looks wonderful! Nice shirt.
    Have a nice day, Ageeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect look for Spring ! You're beautiful !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love this gorgeous blouse; such beautiful colors and print. It looks fabulous paired with your skinny denim (which look great on you btw!) and those cute wedges.

    Sammi
    http://sammirambles2012.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit Amy. Love the spring colors! It's gotten cold here in IL too, but I think it will be warming up again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shoes,perfect for spring and summer! You look great in the skinny jeans!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.