Friday, December 27, 2013

Fashion Over Fifty: My Christmas Attire

Hello!  Just a quick Fashion Over Fifty post to show you what I wore for the Christmas Service at our church.  I had to sing for the service, so I wanted something a bit more dressy.  At first, I was just going to wear the standard red blouse/black pants ensemble,  but it seemed to casual for a Christmas Service, so I pulled out this very old, never worn before brocade skirt.  My daughter actually picked this skirt up at a thrift store but it's a very tiny size two and she couldn't squeeze into it.  We are about the same weight, but were proportioned very differently, so she gave it to me to wear.  If I put a girdle on and sucked in my gut, I could zip it up;  as long as I didn't breathe all day, I was fine.  Anyway, besides the discomfort I also never wore the skirt because I felt it was too short….especially for church.  But my daughter gave me a helpful hint:  if skirts seem to short for my comfort level:  wear them with coordinating tights.  So I put black tights underneath the skirt, and I felt fine about it.

 Brocade is all the rage this season, and how wonderful it was that I already had a brocade skirt in my closet that I never wore before!  The silver metallic was especially flattering for the holidays.  I got so many compliments on this outfit when I wore it, it was ridiculous.  And it didn't even cost me anything!
 For my top I wore a black knit shirt that I got from Stitchfix.  I previously wore this shirt with a mustard skirt HERE.  My jewelry was a long silver chain and clear bead necklace, a chunky clear beaded bracelet, and some silver angel earrings that a friend from work gave me for Chrismas.  For shoes, I wore simple black flats with a black velvet bow.  They didn't photograph well because of the black tights, you might be able to see them better in the mustard skirt post I linked to.
Have a great day!  Amy

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.