Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fashion Over Fifty: 'The Wrap Dress'


Hello!  Welcome to another 'Fashion Over Fifty' post.  Today's post is all about The Wrap Dress.  I received this 'Tart' dress from Stitch Fix last month, (yes, I will have a post all about Stitch Fix soon, I promise), and I must admit that when I pulled it out of the box I wasn't quite sure what to think of it.  It definitely wasn't anything I would pick out for myself.  But when I tried the dress on, I was thrilled!  I loved the feel of it...it's made of a very soft knit, and it is so comfortable to wear.  But most importantly, I loved the way it hugged my body in all the right places.  Normally, anything 'knit' would be too clingy and reveal bulges I don't want anyone to see.  But the way this dress wraps around my waist, it makes it actually appear like I have a waist line.  My stomach has always been the part of my body I dislike the most.  It's where I always gain all my weight, and no matter how much I diet or exercise, it never goes away.  And as I age, the problem seems to get worse, not better, as I'm sure most of my older readers can relate too. Thus, I'm always looking for ways to conceal my bulging tummy. And, with the wrap style of this dress,  it does just that!

 The top of the dress has beautiful shirring at the shoulders and I love the floppy, princess cut sleeves.  I do have to wear a camisole underneath the dress, or it shows way too much cleavage than I comfortable revealing.  I opted with a navy camisole instead of white, just to bring in more color.  
 I forgot to bring my handbag outside when we were taking pictures.  I chose a Lulu Crossbody Bag from J.C. Penny to carry while wearing this outfit.

I tried so many different pieces of jewelry to wear with dress, but finally settled on just a pair of simple drop pearl earrings, and two separate necklaces which are simply gold chains with small pearls on them.  I just felt the bold print of the dress, only needed simple jewelry, because anything big would conflict with the dress.  The jewelry pieces are way too old to provide links.  Sorry.
 And finally, for shoes I settled on these pretty wine pumps from Express which I purchased last year, so again, no link.  Now, my natural inclination would have been to wear white or black shoes with this dress. I tried white and black shoes with the dress, but it just seemed so bland, and  Stitchfix suggested wearing a bright pump instead.  I decided a bright color would be too much for me,  so I settled on wine shoes because it was a different color, yet it's still in the same color family as the navy flowers in the dress.  The shoes have a really pretty suede detail o the toe that I like.
Have a great day! Amy

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful dress on you! It flatters your figure perfectly and I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look gorgeous, Mom, and what a great outfit. I love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby little dress and looks great on you, love the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.