Thursday, October 25, 2012

50th Birthday Card

Hello.  One of my dear old friends had her 50th birthday on Saturday and this was the card I made for her.  I actually bought this retired Stampin Up! set on Ebay several years ago, because I knew someday soon I would need it and there aren't a lot of 'red hat' stamps around!  The set is called 'Going Out in Style', and the sketch is from Mojo Monday (257).  This is actually the second time I used this sketch this month.  I just love it! You can't make a wrong card with it!.  I used a variety of red and purple patterned paper.  I stamped the image, then cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals.  I put Stickles on her necklace and ring. 

 I even decorated the inside of the card.
I haven't heard back if my friend liked her card or not.  I hope so.  I know its probably hard for her to be turning 50.  I know I'm not looking forward to it at all, but heh, growing old is better than the alternative!

Have a great day! Amy

7 comments:

  1. Love your card and alll the trendy components- the sketch, the layered & scalloped circles, the papers and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I haven't seen this set in such a long time!!! I love it!! Gorgeous coloring and design! SO FUN!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb card for your friend, so elegant ! And love the inside !
    Happy birthday to your "old" friend, lol !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute!! Both of my sisters have turned 50 in the last couple of years and I was not as nice as you are!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since researching for a short time to get a great content articles pertaining to this point . Checking out in Google I finally picked up this blog. After reading these details I'm just glad to enunciate that I've got a really good impression I discovered whatever I wanted. I most certainly will ensure to don't forget this web site and take a visit consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Amy your sister will love it, really like how you did the inside, and you are right that is a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is SOOO much fun. Love the image and the VERY cool layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.