Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Real Meaning of Easter

All week long I've been showing you cute little Spring/Easter cards featuring adorable bunnies and chickens, but today, Easter Sunday, I wanted to show you the real reason for celebrating Easter.
 Now I love bunnies and baby chickens as much as everyone else.  I've always given my children Easter baskets filled with marshmallow peeps and chocolate bunnies, but after they received their basket, we always went to church (like we do every Sunday) to celebrate the risen Savior, the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords.  So my kids always knew what the holiday was really about, and not just goodies and gifts.
To make my card, I used a Tim Holz 'Rays' stencil and sponged some yellow ink through the spaces onto white card stock.  I then stamped my sentiment onto a Spectrum ink pad.  It is retired Stampin Up! "Glorious Gift".  I then sponged a bit more yellow over the sentiment, and glued the main image panel onto yellow card stock.

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday!

Amy

3 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.