Friday, September 5, 2014

Fashion Over Fifty: Transitioning into Fall

Hello!  If you read my previous garden post, you would know I do not like the fall season.  But,  as much as I hate fall,  I must ultimately accept it's arrival and that includes dressing for a new season.   I have to say goodbye to all the pretty spring colors and welcome back the earth tones and neutrals.  However, even though the calendar says it is fall, the weather often has a mind of it's own.  Right now, it is still hot and humid, even though the leaves are already starting to fall from the trees.  So what is a fashionista suppose to do?  Well I switch over my colors, but I stay cool with light weight fabrics and short sleeves.
 I am wearing a light weight cotton blouse that is probably older than me.  I've been debating whether or not to get rid of it as my closet is starting to get a little cramped, but every time I try to, something always tells me 'put it back!', so I do.  Even though I cannot find any pictures of another blouse on the Internet that has this cut;  something about it just says 'timeless' to me.  Perhaps it is the  ageless Indian print, I don't know.   So I wear it once a year just so I don't break my rule 'If you don't wear an item at least once a year, get rid of it' that I imposed on myself to keep my closet clean.  But I'll tell you what;  if you ladies tell me I should toss this blouse in the Goodwill pile, I will.  Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
 My little black skirt I bought last year at Target.  It has two layers, a see-through gauzy layer on top and a lightweight lining inside.  I love this skirt because it has pockets.  And they are not just ordinary pockets, but they have cute little studs on the edge.  It's all in the details for me!
 The blouse has an elastic waist that falls just under the bust line.  It is very low cut, so I always wear a camisole underneath.
 For jewelry I wore a silver and black bangle on my wrist, and I kept the neckline simple by wearing two separate pearl necklaces.  However, they wouldn't lay straight down on my neck all day.  I was constantly readjusting them.
 And finally, for footwear I wore my gladiator sandals.  The only new item from this season that I have on.
What about you?  Have you started to change over your fall wardrobe yet?  I'd love to hear what you do.

Have a great day!  Amy

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you keep holding on to that shirt. The print is so pretty, and black and white does go with probably everything. Gorgeous sandals too, and it's always nice to find something at target, I don't have much luck there often, but I am happy when I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.