Monday, August 18, 2014

"Smile" Banner Card

Hello!  Today I have a birthday card to show you that uses all papers and stickers from My Mind's Eye Chalkboard Studio.  Banners have been all the rage in the paper crafting industry for over a year now, but I think this is the first time I ever used one on a card.  I'm slow to catch onto trends I guess.  No, I just always struggled with how much space using a banner uses up on a card, and how there is little room for an actual image or sentiment when you use one.  But for my card today, a banner fit quite well because my main image was so small.

 I used a piece of hemp to connect my banner stickers too.  The other sentiment is a unknown stamp and the camera image is a sticker.  I love the subtle designer paper of smaller cameras echoes the big camera.
 I used an actual paper doily on this card.  I know they make dies that look like doilies now, but I always thought that was kinda silly when you can buy a pack of fifty doilies for a buck at a party store.
Have a great day!  Amy

5 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Fab card, loving the colours and design! Cute play on the words and camera too!
hugs
Glenda

Ellie said...

Absolutely beautiful Amy, gorgeous colors and designs. PS it's a local strike, just our school district.

Remi Sabbah said...

Lovely card!!! SO cute xxx
You are welcome to visit my blog http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/

Lau W said...

Hello Amy ! Love this card, perfect for a birthday, superb design !
xxx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh I just adore this card Amy!! Love the banner and the cute camera!! :)