Wednesday, August 6, 2014

CowGirl 'Hi'

Hello!  Remember when a few months ago I told ya'll I broke my stamp-buying-freeze and purchased some retired Doodle Gardens from MFT?  Well here's another card using one of these cuties!  

To make my card, I stamped the image and cut it out.  I applied the image to a round panel where I sponged in the sky and hand drew some grass.  I used an MFT cloud die for the background and my old Cuttlebug alphabet dies to make the sentiment.  The circular panel was then adhered over two different sheets of designer paper from some country mat stack I can't recall the name of.  A little button, and a bow made with twine over a plain brown banner cut out of chocolate card stock was placed at the top.
 I added a second sentiment at the bottom of the card and stitched it on with my sewing machine.  I cut a little heart out of the same designer paper using an MFT die for more impact.

And, as always, my cards usually are inspired by something.  I loved this sketch of Jodi Collins, so I used the same layout in my card:
Have a great day!  Amy

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card Amy, such pretty and cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh super cute image ! what a beautiful card !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh fab card Amy, love the colours and the adorable image!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.