Thursday, August 28, 2014

August Christmas Cards

Hello!  I have my August Christmas Cards to share with you today.  As most of you already know I play the Christmas Card Challenge on Splitcoaststampers where we make Christmas Cards all year long so that were not stressed out during the busy holiday season.  I make five cards a month so that I'll have about sixty cards at the end of the year.  I make a long card, about 4 x 8 so that I can fit a Christmas letter and photo card inside.  I also try to keep layers to a minimum so that most of the cards are mailable.  However, this month I broke my rule because I wanted to use these cute little felt critters.  I will probably hand deliver these cards to my church family who have small children.

I purchased these pre- made felt designs from a local fabric and crafts store last year.  I get a lot of questions every time I use pre- made felt creations.  You can find them in the seasonal craft section of any major craft store, or in the dollar bins.  I even found some in the kid's crafts sections of the stores.  They make the cutest and easiest cards without all the work.  

I used an old DCWV Holiday designer paper for my background.  It is very glittery and has some texture to it in real life.  I then tied a Christmas ribbon around the card base and added another small circle of designer paper and a sentiment.  A simple hemp bow and some adhesive crystals finished the card.


 For my next card I used the same layout but just changed the background paper, ribbon, and felt critter.



I made three of the penguin card and two of the snowman card to meet my five card a month quota.

Have a great day!  Amy

3 comments:

  1. What sweet and beautiful Christmas cards!! So much texture and details!! I love the use of felt and color!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUperb cards ! Love the cute penguin ! Wonderful creations, as alwyas !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really adorable Amy!! Love the felt snow critters! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.