Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Poppy Anniversary Cards

Hello!  Poppies are one of my favorite flowers even though they are very short lived in the garden.  I just love their large, papery blooms, the deep black centers, and their funky seed pods.  So when MFT came out with the new Poppy stamp and dies a few months ago, I just had to buy them!  This is what I created:

I love that there is no coloring with this stamp.  Flowers are so difficult to color, I mean, who can possibly duplicate God's amazing coloring skills of a flower?  No one.  So best leave it to Him, and just stamp a single color.  My card is very CAS, just the way I like them.  I did color the center of the flower with Copics, the flower is also popped up a bit using the die and a small dimensional.

 My next card uses pre-printed Kraft paper on the left side and I added some brown flocking to the flower centers.  I didn't like this look as much as coloring the center.  The sentiment in both cards is very old and I don't remember where I got it from.
Have a great day!  Amy

3 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful Amy. Gorgeous colors! And thanks for your comment about bunnies in my yard. I do love them in my yard, although those little stinkers ate my pepper plants one year, and since then I have a small garden patch that is fenced in by itself so it is bunny proof. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of both cards, beautifully done Amy!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous Amy!! I just love the red poppies against the white as well as the layout with the scalloped border and kraft. Gorgeous!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.