Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Digital Tuesday Challenge 'Try Something New!'

Hello and welcome to another Digital Tuesday Challenge.  This week's challenge is to 'Try Something New!'.  Simply incorporate a new paper crafting trend into your card or project and be sure to include at least one digital element.  Our sponsor this week is Oak Pond Creations and they are giving away three digis to one lucky randomly chosen winner.

To make my card, I used the Oak Pond Creations image 'Reading Rabbits'.  The new paper crafting trend I decided to try was 'Canvas'.  I used scalloped border die from MFT on the canvas and it cut very well, but when I tried to use a flower die, I couldn't get a clean cut and I couldn't understand why it would work so well on the border die, but not the flower.  They both have rounded edges.  I tried using both Spellbinders and MFT flower dies, and neither one cut the canvas well.  It should be noted that it's not regular canvas you would find in a fabric store, it's a very thin canvas made specifically for paper crafting and it's located in the paper crafting department of JoAnn's Fabrics and Crafts.  I inked the edges of the flower, to highlight the layers better.  Seam Binding, floss, and a Martha Stewart tag Punch  were added for embellishment.


If you'd like to play along with us this week, simply click on the Digital Tuesday Challenge Blinkie in my sidebar and it will take you directly to the challenge blog with further instructions.

Have a great day! Amy

7 comments:

  1. So nice card Amy, so lovely image !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frayed edges of your flower (even if they were unintentional, lol). I will have to be on the look out for a thin canvas, I love all the textured, natural fibers that are out now and canvas has so many possibilities. Great job!
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! Your flower looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw!! How sweet!! Beautiful layout and the image is too cute!! Love it!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy this is adorable. So creative to use the canvas and that flower looks fantastic. I'm going to search out this canvas and try it myself. Such fun to work with you this week. Hugs and happy crafting! -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. Your colorings is awesome and adore the design.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.